"Think These Things"
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” —Philippians 4:8
What is Phil4eight?
Phil4eight is gospel conversation aimed ultimately at the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ. You can participate by listening or speaking, or both.
What is gospel conversation?
Gospel conversation is discipling, and being discipled. It is training ourselves to see grace and truth through the cultural lens of books, films, current events, etc—to highlight the Kingdom of God in this world and to bring the good news to those around us. Gospel conversation helps expand our conversational repertoire so that we always have a bridge to the gospel. This week's topic will certainly give you points of contact with your Jewish friends!
What is the aim of gospel conversation?
We aim to...
1) Mature the saints in their understanding & appreciation of the gospel and the Christian story.
2) Foster gospel conversations and "cultivate theological attentiveness" by seeing the Christian story through the world around us: books; films; websites; the news.
3) Increase our gospel witness to an ever-more-complex world by equipping the saints to recognize intersections between life and the Christian story.
4) Stimulate souls to a lifetime of wonder, thinking, reading, and growing in the faith.
5) Model great conversations.
How to participate...
Prepare yourself by reading the attached paper Jewish Genius by Charles Murray,
then contact Roger Pattenaude by email or text for your Zoom Meeting ID and Password to this Friday evening's discussion at 6:30 pm...
Blessings to you, and looking forward to another stimulating conversation online!